Core tools - an overview for internal auditors in automotive industry according to AIAG
Purpose of the training:
- Review of the requirements of AIAG reference manuals: APQP, FMEA, SPC, MSA, PPAP in the context of effective audits in the automotive industry.
Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP):
- that are the project phases,
- documentation of requirements in individual phases of the project,
- requirements for the control plan,
- linking the process flow diagram, FMEA and Control Plan – consistency of documents and the most important mistakes.
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA):
- FMEA for product (DFMEA) and process (PFMEA) – differences and interactions,
- formulation of functions, requirements, defects, causes and effects of defects, identification of control measures in the production process, distinction between detection and prevention,
- identification of special characteristics in PFMEA,
- discussion of Severity, Occurrence, Detection and RPN – Risk Priority Number,
- improvement actions and risk assessment strategies: RPN, SOD, SO, SD.
Statistical Process Control (SPC):
- basic assumptions of Statistical Process Control of Production (SPC),
- basic statistical concepts – capability, stability, average, standard deviation,
- process capability indicators Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk,
- interpretation of process capability indicators Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk.
Measurement System Analysis (MSA):
- guidelines for numerical and attribute analysis – basic requirements,
- %GRR as a tool determining the correct functioning of the numerical control system,
- Kappa as a tool determining the correct functioning of the attribute control system,
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP):
- overview of required documents,
- customer evaluation status,
- when to submit PPAP,
- PPAP submission levels.
The participant will learn:
- What core tools elements according to the requirements of AIAG reference manuals: APQP, FMEA, SPC, MSA, PPAP should be implemented by the audited organization.
- How to confirm compliance in the process documentation for the FCh (process flow diagram) – FMEA – Control Plan.
- What are the most common mistakes in using APQP, FMEA, SPC, MSA, PPAP.
- What to pay special attention to when auditing core tools.
- How to interpret the presented audit evidence, such as MSA indicators or SPC control charts.
- IATF 16949 internal auditors,
- supplier auditors,
- quality department employees,
- people who want to refresh themselves with basic knowledge about core tools.
Qualification confirmation: After the training you will receive a certificate of participation.
Training duration: 2 days x 7 hours
Training price: In order to get an offer please send a request to:
It is possible to extend the offer with post-training consultations in the form of advisory services, advanced training, support for implementation projects and methods addressed during training.
Download training description here.
You can find the date of the upcoming open training here.
Terms and conditions and registration forms you will find here.
In case of further questions, training dates or dedicated training offer for your company do not hesitate to contact Qualitywise.