APQP-PPAP according to AIAG
Purpose of the training:
- Presentation of the context of requirements for project management and approval of products and processes for serial production in the quality management system according to ISO 9001 and IATF 16949.
- Presentation of advanced management of product implementation projects for production in an automotive industry company according to the requirements of the APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) manual.
- Presentation of the principles of cooperation with customers and suppliers in the field of approving deliveries according to the PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) manual.
- Basic principles of the quality management system in the automotive industry – sources of requirements, discussion: the requirement of ISO 9001, IATF 16949, key quality methods, the so-called core tools, specific customer requirements, so-called CSR (Customer Specific Requirements), Quality management system requirements in accordance with ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 regarding design and development,
- Assumptions of the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) methodology
- Discussion of the individual stages of APQP and the project simulation as practical exercises during the training:
- project planning,
- product design,
- process design,
- product and process validation,
- production and feedback,
- Characteristics of the basic issues related to the individual stages of APQP, in particular:
- special characteristics
- Flow chart – FMEA – Control Plan
- work instructions
- Error proofing
- APQP checklists
- PPAP – discussion of the most important issues:
- when to submit the PPAP to the client,
- what are the levels of PPAP submission,
- PPAP submission levels vs. required documents,
- PPAP approval levels,
- how long should the completed PPAP be archived,
- what are the most common errors in using PPAP.
During the training, the participant will learn:
- efficient project management according to the APQP methodology in accordance with individual stages,
- properly identify customer needs and requirements when implementing new projects,
- prepare documentation necessary for product approval by the client – PPAP,
- prepare for certification, recertification, control and customer audits in the automotive industry,
- what techniques and tools are required,
- what are the responsibilities of individual participants in the project and the principles of group work (interdisciplinary teams),
- what documents, reports, analyzes are typically required in a PPAP package for clients,
- what are the rules for approving parts according to the PPAP methodology.
Who shall participate in this training:
- Persons leading new product implementation projects.
- Quality engineers, quality specialists, employees of the quality department,
- department owners/owners of key processes related to the implementation of new products for serial production,
- constructors, technologists,
- internal auditors, supplier auditors (first and second party).
The training is an introduction to the methodology itself. In case of interest in APQP performed as a workshop where participants work on their own project read our other training here. The workshop takes the form of teamwork. Finally, a joint review of the results of tasks performed by individual teams is carried out.
Qualification confirmation: After the training you will receive a certificate of participation.
Training duration: 2 days x 7 hours
Training price: In order to get an offer please send a request to:
It is possible to extend the offer with post-training consultations in the form of advisory services, advanced training, support for implementation projects and methods addressed during training.
Download training description here.
You can find the date of the upcoming open training here.
Terms and conditions and registration forms you will find here.
In case of further questions, training dates or dedicated training offer for your company do not hesitate to contact Qualitywise.