SPC-MSA according to AIAG
- Presentation of the statistical process control and measurement systems analysis in the requirements of a quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001: 2015 and IATF 16949.
- Presentation of statistical process control (SPC) and measurement systems analysis (MSA) principles both in relation to measurable and alternative characteristics.
- Analysis and interpretation of SPC and MSA results.
- Quality management system requirements in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 169491 for statistical process control and measurement systems analysis.
- Statistical quality tools – IS0/TR 10017 standard.
- Basic statistical analysis of data (statistical description of variability).
- Sources of variation
- Random and systematic causes of variability, the concept of a stable (under control) and unstable (out of control) process.
- Statistical description of variability – determination and interpretation of descriptive parameters (mean, median, range, standard deviation, skewness, kurtosis, etc.), histogram construction (selection of the number of intervals), data distribution.
- Calculation and interpretation of process capability indicators (Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk).
- Shewhart process control charts.
- General principles of Shewhart’s control charts (three-sigma card, methods of card construction, adapting the card to the process).
- Construction of Shewart’s control charts for measurable characteristics – mean value and range chart, mean value and standard deviation chart, median and range chart, single observation chart and moving range).
- Calculation of process capability indicators Cp, Cpk based on control charts for measurable features.
- Control cards for attribute characteristics: fraction of non-compliant units p, number of non-compliant units, e.g. c-card, u-card.
- Examples, exercises.
- Measurement, measurement error/uncertainty, measurement system, measurement process.
- Variation for a measurement process from instrument (EV), from operator (AV), from process i.e. part-to-part (PV), total variation (TV).
- Explanation of terms: precision, accuracy, resolution.
- Capability of measurement systems according to procedure 1, determination and interpretation of Cg, Cgk coefficients.
- Methods of assessing the measurement system with the influence of the operator and the instrument – procedure 2: the range method, the average range method ARM, analysis of variance (ANOVA).
- Methods of evaluating the measurement system without the influence of the operator – procedure 3.
- Assessment of the capability of measurement systems in case of an alternative characteristics: Signal detection method, Cross Table Method: operator-to-operator, operator-to-refference – determination and interpretation of Cohen’s kappa coefficient.
- Examples, exercises.
During the training, the participant will learn:
- What are the requirements of the quality management system in relation to SPC and MSA methods.
- What are the benefits of using SPC and MSA for organizations.
- How statistical analysis of process data is performed.
- How to “prepare” for the use of control and measurement devices – what is the uncertainty of measurements in MSA.
- Practical use of SPC and MSA tools – selection of appropriate tools, principles of determination and interpretation.
Who shall participate in this training:
- persons responsible for the implementation, maintenance and improvement of SPC and MSA procedures in the company,
- quality specialists, quality engineers, technologists,
- persons responsible for the quality of suppliers, employees of departments cooperating with the client,
- persons responsible for supervising measurement systems.
Qualification confirmation: After the training you will receive a certificate of participation.
Training duration: 2 days x 7 hours
Training price: In order to get an offer please send a request to:
It is possible to extend the offer with post-training consultations in the form of advisory services, advanced training, support for implementation projects and methods addressed during training.
Download training description here.
You can find the date of the upcoming training here.
Terms and conditions and registration forms you will find here.
In case of further questions, training dates or dedicated training offer for your company do not hesitate to contact me.